Nativity Window, Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Bucklebury, Berkshire
The design for this stained-glass window was commissioned by Lady Webley-Parry-Pryse in memory of her mother, Mrs Webley-Parry, who had died on 2 September 1917. Mrs Webley-Parry had given very generously of her time and money in parish affairs. The three-light window is situated in the north aisle of the Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Bucklebury. The design was executed in glass by James Sylvester Sparrow.
Stained Glass design for the Nativity Window, Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Bucklebury, Berkshire, circa 1917
Watercolour, gouache and ink over charcoal on buff coloured paper
63 inches x 16 inches / 160.02 x 40.64 cm